Tuesday, September 20, 2005

People Needed!

Corporations and businesses are now sponsoring two to six people evacuation teams made up of their own employees. I didn’t want to do it but I am really going to play on your sense of adventure. The police and national guard are jealous of our day because there is so much adventure to be had. Every hour out on the streets is something new. Yesterday two dogs were brought in that must have been in a swimming pool for days; they were in bad shape and rushed off to vet care. I don’t know if they will make it. Every day for every search team brings a dozen new adventures; the stories at night when everyone sits down are endless. Get your company or friends to sponsor a 2-4 person team. This is war and it feels like it when you are on the ground except you don’t have to kill any body. We estimate that we will need people thru the next 45 days. But we would like to see people here immediately. Forward this to your manage and your ceo and show them that giving a few people time off and a little money can make a real difference. We estimate that a 4 person team working for a week (or even better two weeks) can save 150 animals per week. Fly into Baton Rouge or Jackson, MS and rent an suv. Forward this blog to all of your adventurous types of friends, ex military, retirees, and any others that can come down and make things happen without a lot of direction. All the local police and national guard are on our side. I was driven around for several hours by the military yesterday in an humvee, seaching for more animals in need of rescue. Call me for now but check back here later this week. I am looking for a person on the outside to help coordinate with people who are heading now with specific directions and instructions. For now get your flight and vehicle lined up. Doesn’t matter if you like pets or not, if you come down here and have access to a city and all the supplies you need and have the adventure of a lifetime . we have all the supplies of a well stocked rmy sent by concerned citizens. The company is even offering 40 atvs and 40 flat bottom boats . all we need is people, we don’t have enuf. No experience necessary - we will train you once you arrive.

Also we need road map types of GPS. So that we can plug in an address and go. We spend lots of time lost.

Yesterday’s update. We moved to the Winn Dixie to join forces with the other group. We are now 100 people strong and that’s not near enough people. Evacuation teams are now going into recently opened parishes and are reporting dogs on every corner. One team picked up 30 dogs in a short time frame. Water rescee teams still finding dogs alive on roofs. And one floating on a TV. No one knows how they are still alive so far past the storm. They want to live so badly -- come help them.

Look back here for more updates later this evening or tomorrow morning.

18 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a amazing job you are doing. Althought I can't come out to help I can certainly do anything clerical from home you may need. Please let me know if there is anything I can do from my home to help.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry....E-mail address is Tigrtwo@comcast.net

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Eric, Thank God for the great heart He has given you to be such instument of His for such a noble purpose. As my wife and I watched the images on TV we lifted our hearts to heaven and prayed to the Lord, if a door would open for us to go down there and give a helping hand in the midst of so much need (People and pets alike). We are really heart broken about the whole thing. We will be there in a flash but lack the financial resources and the time (Work). But if God would open that door for us you could count with us coming down. In the mean time we continue to pray and now we add you and those in your team to our prayers.
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." (Galatians 6:9)
Leon & Colleen Altuna
Numbers 6:24-26

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there was a vet on Howard Stern this morning talking and mentioned a small group of awesome volunteers in a Winn Dixie Parking lot!!!!!!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday's news but it is worth sharing http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?id=3727

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you/they need supplies? I'm on the phone/in contact with a woman about 12 hours from N.O., driving from California, travelling with medical supplies (insulin, medications, antibiotics, flea/tick meds, surgical equipment) and she NEEDS A PLACE TO TAKE THIS STUFF. If someone can confirm an address that will STILL BE THERE TOMORROW, and a need, I will call her -- she's on the ground, will deliver supplies. Please call or email me; I won't have time to come back here and check. Emily: marcuse@ohio.edu; 740.590.2875

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am planning to come out from California to help with this endeavor for 9 days to 2 weeks after October 10. Could someone please call me on my cell phone and let me know how I should hook up with everyone once I get there? I am Mimi at 510-325-9600. Thanks.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying and wanting to come and help. I would be able to come and help after the 14th of october and i could stay for 10 days at least. i can pay my own fare as well as bring some provisions with me...ie matress blankets, non perashible foods. here is my email

chacha@divinia.com. I will be out of the country starting the 1st for two weeks, but when I get back i'mall yours. please contact me!

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Baltimore, MD, and have been waiting for two groups to get back to me with rescued creatures. Have not heard back from them yet. Am able to take in maybe 2 large dogs, maybe one little one; maybe some cats upstairs, with help.
If someone can contact me to discuss, if animals are being brought back to Baltimore, I can help. Would like to come to the area, but cannot right now, but can take in homeless creatures.

Pat Yost
pyost@oag.state.md.us

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOw can we find u?? Melody is a former Fla. animal control officer presently in Gulfport trying to find a place where she is best used. Tried your cell - left message. I'm coming down next week from Mi. to join her efforts.
call us please:313-577-4344 work no. please hurry so we can finalize travel!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! I have a comment about the lab who was so scared to come out...Would it help if a female called out to this dog? Will this poor dog remain a stray? Thanks.

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be heading out of Mass. to help on October 12. 3 vet techs, coming on our own. Where do we go to be of the most help? miztigg@comcast.net

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric: FYI
Pasados actually kicked HSUS out of Raceland.
see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hurricanepets/message/1963

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Flea Treatment information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The site needs to be at the favorites list as there is too much information to this theme.
- www.blogger.com l
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

se us with your site again and again
- www.blogger.com s
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home